~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Perennial: "Lasting an indefinitely long time; suggesting self-renewal"

~Webster Dictionary (online)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This blog is for those beautiful, perennial women that have made a conscience decision not to give up or give in. In this garden, you will find a collection of my thoughts and experiences. It is my hope that others will plant their own seeds within this garden to help nurture those that are in their season of self-renewal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, May 2, 2008

Words of Wisdom from My Father. . .

It has been quite a long time since I've posted to this blog. It seems as though everything stopped just as soon as it started. Trust me, I will have many posts that will stem from the circumstances that have kept me away. In any instance, I received this e-mail from my father. These are words that are truly wise and I figure that they are the BEST way for me to get this blog rolling again. Enjoy!

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

"People are not and will not always be or do the things we want them to.

But Who's Wrong?

For as long as we live we'll be confronted with situations, people we like, dislike, or just don't understand.

But Who's Wrong?

The bottom line comes down to values. Always stand up for what you believe in. But remember, there's a time to confront, a time to manipulate, and a time to re-examine. That choice is yours and it can be wrong. Take that extra second to evaluate before you communicate, or compensate and nothing can stop you.

Keep in mind the words "want", "need" and "desire". Strive to achieve yours, but consider those of others.

Life is too short. Values, help from God, and determination will see you through.

Only you can stop you."

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Thank you, Daddy for sharing. Love you much!

5 comments:

Natasha said...

Heya Z, I'm just now seeing that you updated your blog, my bad.:P Anyways, thanks so much for sharing these golden nuggets of wisdom. Your father is deep and now I see where you get it from. Be safe. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Zenobia,

Your father is a wise man, with a great flair for writing.

Thank you for sharing.

It's good to see you're still blogging.

Zenobia said...

Thank you so much Natasha and Barbara. My dad is very wise. I'm extremely proud to be able to call him "daddy". Thank you for your comments, I will be sure to have him read them.

Anonymous said...

Zenobia,
Thank you for sharing these wise words.

Do you think it's possible for values to clash in a way where somebody is wrong?

David

Zenobia said...

Hi David. Thank you for commenting. That's a very deep question. I tried to attack it from multiple angles. But constantly ran into the same predictament:

Obviously, both parties, with opposing values, will each feel they are justified and right. But, who is qualified to determine which party is "right" and what qualifies this person to make such judgements? This could potentially open a large can of worms. The response will most likely vary from religion to politics. The type of answer we'd receive would probably depend upon the responder(s) and their background. A priest would most likely say that "only God is qualified to judge." Others will prefer to leave it to the justice system.

"But,Who's Wrong?" :)

I am going to ponder your question some more. But, these are my initial thoughts. Thank you again for your challenging question.